NASSAU COUNTY OIL BURNER SERVICES
Keeping Your Home Cozy During Cold Long Island and New York City Winters
Since 2012, NY Boiler & Air Conditioning Repair has been providing Nassau County residents with comprehensive oil burner services. Whether you’re looking to install a new one, ensure it remains working for years to come, or need repairs for a faulty one, our experienced and licensed HVAC technicians are more than capable of handling it. Best of all, we offer 24/7 service, so you’ll never be without heat for long. When you need prompt service of the highest quality, count on us.
Common Oil Burner Problems
The best way to keep your costs down is to perform regular maintenance on your oil burner. Many problems that can occur are “nickel and dime” expenses that will add up the longer they are ignored.
Call our Nassau County oil burner repair technicians if you’re experiencing any of the following problems:
- Your burner doesn’t operate: Among the first things to check are the obvious: does the unit have fuel and is it getting electrical power? This problem may also be caused by a thermostat that is set too low. Other possibilities are that there is a control problem, or the furnace is off on limit. When we conduct our repairs, we will first check the fuel level and ensure that there isn’t a blown fuse, open circuit breaker, or a switch that has been left off.
- Your burner is operational but will not fire: Again, this could be caused by a lack of fuel or a problem with oil delivery. There could be a plugged nozzle, filter, or oil line, or a valve could be left off. It could also be a result of a cracked porcelain. The problem may be caused by a weak transformer/igniter, electrodes set incorrectly, too much air, a faulty oil pump, or stripped pump coupling. When we conduct repairs, we will first check the fuel levels and ensure you don’t have a plugged nozzle, filter, or oil line. We will also repair any cracked porcelains. We will conduct tests on your transformer/igniter and replace it if necessary. We will also ensure that the electrodes are placed properly and perform a combustion analysis. If we suspect there is an issue with your oil pump, we will test it and replace any stripped pump coupling.
- Your burner smokes: If you’re experiencing this issue, your boiler may have a partially plugged nozzle and it may need a burner adjustment. It is possible that you may not have the proper end cone. Other reasons why your burner may be smoking include it not getting enough air, you have a plugged chimney or heat exchanger, or you have an entirely wrong nozzle. When we conduct our inspection, we will clean or replace the nozzle, adjust your burner according to the manufacturer’s specifications, or replace the end cone. We will also perform a combustion analysis in addition to checking your chimney and heat exchanger condition. We will then consult the manufacturer’s rating plate for the correct nozzle size, spray pattern, angle, and oil pump pressure to ensure they’re all properly set.
- Your burner emits odors or fumes: This problem could be caused by the same things that create smoke problems. There may be a partially plugged nozzle, the burner may need adjustment, or the furnace may not have the proper end cone. This could also be caused by a cracked or dirty heat exchanger. Other possible causes for this issue include a delayed ignition, a dirty chimney, hindrance to the combustion air, or other items being stored too close to the smoke pipe or furnace. We will clean or replace your nozzle, adjust your burner, or replace the end cone as necessary. We will also check for a cracked heat exchanger and replace it. If you have a delayed ignition, we will go in and correct the issue. We can also clean your furnace/chimney and do a combustion analysis to determine what is hindering the combustion air. If your unit is blocked, we will move items and instruct you to keep necessary clearance.
- Your burner requires excessive fuel consumption: If this is the issue, you could have an improperly sized furnace or the system is not adjusted properly. Your burner may need cleaning or have the wrong nozzle, your oil pump pressure may be elevated, you may have a leak in the ducts, the ducts may be uninsulated, your home may not have the right amount of insulation, or your home may have leaky or left open windows or doors. We will check for leaks and seal any, insulate any ductwork, and check and adjust the oil pump pressure. We can also install the correct nozzle. If your unit needs to be replaced, we will determine the correct size and install a new one that is more efficient for you.
Oil Burner Brands We Service
At NY Boiler & Air Conditioning Repair, our experienced HVAC technicians can install, repair, and conduct maintenance on a variety of oil burner brands.
These brands include:
- Weil Mclain
- HB Smith
- New Yorker
- Federal Boilers
- Best Boilers
- Rockmills Boiler
- Scotch Marine Boiler
- Fire Box Boilers
- Cleaver Brooks
- Slant Fin
- Triangle Tube
- AO Smith
- Bradford White
- John Wood
Because of all the issues oil burners can have, we recommend having it cleaned annually to ensure it is working properly and at optimum efficiency. Additionally, for your safety, you should never try to repair your unit yourself. Instead, call one of our Nassau County oil burner experts.
Our work comes with a solid warranty. Call NY Boiler & Air Conditioning Repair today at (516) 377-5200. We serve customers throughout Long Island and Suffolk County.