Nassau County Heating Oil Tank Services
Quality Oil Tanks Installation, Removal and Maintenance Services in NYC, Long Island & Suffolk County
Think about how comfortable your heating system keeps you throughout the bitter New York City winters. If you have an oil burner, then your heating oil storage tank plays a huge role in maintaining a cozy environment. Oil tanks, however, don’t last forever. If your oil tank is due for replacement, turn to NY Boiler & Air Conditioning Repair for a quality replacement and installation.
Signs Your Home Needs a New Oil Tank
Your home’s heating oil tank should last 15 to 30 years or more with routine maintenance. However, oil tanks don’t always show their age. Instead, much of the corrosion happens internally. That’s why you should consider having your tank professionally inspected.
There are several external clues that your tank is due for replacement. Ask yourself these questions to help determine if it’s outlived its usefulness:
- Does it consume more oil?: If it seems like your burning through oil faster than before, have your heating system inspected. Either an inefficient or malfunctioning furnace is at fault or the tank is leaking. In some cases, leaks will be obvious, such as a puddle on the floor (or foundation if it’s located outside.) If it’s a serious leak, your home may need to be vacated while a team decontaminates the space. In extreme cases, you may even be subject to a fine for polluting the environment.
- Does it have external rust?: Rust on the outside of the unit is cause for concern because it’s not going to get any better. Storage tank outside are particularly prone to rust and corrosion.
- Is the oil tank more than 20 years old?: The average lifespan of an oil tank is 20 years. If yours has been in service for more than two decades, don’t wait for it to fail before replacing it.
Benefits of Installing a New Heating Oil Tank
When you install a new storage tank, you’ll have peace of mind that this vital component of your heating system will operate reliable for years to come. When you install a new oil tank, you’ll:
- Prevent catastrophic tank failure
- Reduce the risk of needing an emergency heating service
- Safeguard your comfort and health
- Protect the environment
Also, a properly installed oil tank will ensure that it meets code. Many companies have a “no whistle, no fill policy.” That means if your oil tank’s vent alarm isn’t operating, then the technician legally cannot refill your tank. This is for your safety because without functioning vent alarm, the technician runs the risk of overfilling the tank, spilling oil all over.
Oil Tank Removal in Nassau County
Whether you’re replacing your existing tank or you’ve converted to a natural gas heating system and no longer need a tank, our technicians can remove the equipment safely from your property. We understand that a leaking tank can compromise the surrounding environment, which is why we work closely with local authorities to ensure the project complies with regulations.
Turn to the Heating Oil Tank Installation and Replacement Experts
At NY Boiler & Air Conditioning Repair, we’re committed to providing expert heating oil tank installations and replacements. We’re experienced in installing tanks above ground, below ground and in basements. We’ll remove old tanks off site, too, for customers throughout Long Island and Suffolk County.
We back our work with an industry-leading warranty. Call NY Boiler & Air Conditioning Repair today at (516) 219-1952.
We aren't happy unless all of our customers are happy. We always stand behind our work, and don't leave the job until it's done right!
Fast, On Time Arrival
We pride ourselves on getting to you in a timely manner, every time! We aim to minimize stress so you can get back to your day.
Seven days a week, our team is available for you in case of a HVAC or plumbing emergency! Call now to see how we can help.
We understand that some projects require additional assistance. Contact us for more information about our options. Assistance is available for new install and repair.